No, the assignment of an HR interim manager is generally not more expensive. A quality comparison of costs considers different expense factors:
- Gross annual salary including success-related components, costs for business car, cell phone, etc.
- Non-wage labor costs for the employer
- Voluntary social benefits
- Average periods of absence due to illness, maternity leave, vacation, etc.
- Less productive work periods due to changing requirements
- Acquisition costs for permanent employees
- Costs of separation in case of the elimination of a position
- Costs for training, further education, and adjustment periods
You should also consider this: For on-off tasks, or repetitive, but time-limited tasks, the permanent employment of an HR manager is normally too expensive.